new bike part 7: color

I knew early on as a nod to my Irish heritage I wanted the bike to be green. Here again was my early "sketch":

design

There I used Kelly Green, which makes sense given the inspiration:

Irish

But these are just cartoons, and it's a mistake to judge colors in a cartoon.

So when it came time to discuss real color, I told Eric to base it based on this: a Lotus racing car:


Lotus

Charles @ PezCyclingNews has based bike designs on racing cars and motorcycles, for example:


PezCyclingNews
PezCyclingNews

I didn't want anything so complex. The Lotus I showed is elegant in its simplicity. The green fades to black. The racing inspiration is there, but it doesn't dominate.

Painting took awhile. But it was very, very worth it:

Alaban

Credit goes to Keith Anderson, who did the painting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proposed update to the 1-second gap rule: 3-second gap

Post-Election Day

Marin Avenue (Berkeley)